Are you struggling to lose weight? Have you tried every diet, pill and workout imaginable and seen little or no results? Have all the different books and products you were schemed into buying left you confused and frustrated? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are in the right place, because I am going to show you how easy losing fat can be.
The first and most important factor in getting lean is your nutrition. That’s right. Nutrition is more important than exercising when it comes to slimming down. You just can’t out-exercise a bad diet. So, what makes a good diet?
Well here are the most important principles of a great diet:
- Eat foods at their most natural state. An easy way to tell if a food is at its most natural state is to look for the number of ingredients. This is going to cut out all the highly processed foods with little nutritional value. For instance, when comparing ingredients of a potato you pick up from the produce section or a box of instant mashed potatoes, you notice that the real potato has one ingredient and that is the potato itself. On the other hand, the box of instant mashed potatoes has an ingredients list that takes up half of the box. The obvious choice is the potato straight from the ground.
- Don’t drink your calories. Have you ever looked at the nutrition facts on the back of your soda or sports drink? They often contain enough calories to supply a whole meal, if not more. Stick to drinking water. Try to drink half of your body weight in pounds in fluid ounces. For example, a 200 pound man would aim to drink 100 ounces of water every day.
- Increase protein intake. Each meal of the day should include a high quality protein source including, eggs, chicken breasts, lean beef, fish, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt and protein powder. When dieting down, protein will help you preserve muscle. This is important, because we are trying to lose fat here, not muscle.
- Eat 4-6 small meals throughout the day. A meal plan set up this way keeps metabolism levels high and fat burning at its best. Don’t take this as an invitation to stuff yourself all day long. The goal is to graze throughout the day.
- Self monitor yourself. Keep a food journal of all the meals you eat every day and step onto the scale once a week at consistent times. Additionally, the mirror will be a great tool in determining success. If you are not losing weight and not looking better in the mirror, it’s time to look at the food journal and see where you can make changes to cut your overall intake.
If you follow these five tips, your body will be primed to start burning fat. In order to take advantage of this state, exercise must be included to your program. Here are three tips to get the most out of your workouts:
- Start out slow. If you haven’t been exercising regularly, it is unwise to go out and run 5 miles on your first day. You will only end up sore and possibly injured. Instead, ease into your program and then try to do a little more than you did during the previous workout. For instance, start out with 10 push ups. Once that’s easy, do 20 and when that’s simple try clap push ups. Eventually, you will progress to free weights where you can continually increase the weight you lift and the number of repetitions you perform.
- Include both resistance training and cardiovascular training. Resistance training includes body weight exercises, resistance bands, isolation machines and free weights. Resistance training aid in the development of muscle which will increase metabolism and burn even more fat. Cardiovascular training include walking, jogging, sprinting, biking, swimming, etc. Cardiovascular training is effective in burning a lot of calories which will help to lose weight.
- Aim for 5 hours of activity per week. This means the sum of all hours spent training with resistance and performing cardiovascular training. If you can commit to 5 hours per week and make it a routine, you will be well on your way to that flat stomach you are working for.
Losing weight and being healthy doesn’t have to be complicated. If you can implement one thing you learned from this article, you will see improvements. Once you have mastered that one thing, add another tip I have here. Continue in this fashion and you will burn fat and achieve your goal, whether it’s to lose that last 5-10 pounds or 100 pounds. You control how simple or how difficult you make losing weight as well as how quickly or how long it will take. Make it simple with the guidelines you have been given. The truth behind the resurge customer reviews should be communicated to the person. The process should be simple and easy for the person. The guidelines should be clear and perfect for the person to reduce the weight. A survey can be taken to know about the benefits with less charges.